If you are interested in a one day IELTS Reading and Writing course in central London (or know someone who might be) then please read on.
I wanted to let you know about something that we’re all excited about.
IELTS Preparation Course – Central London
We’re now offering live IELTS preparation courses – with a professional IELTS teacher.
We’ve decided we would now like to meet students face to face and are offering IELTS preparation courses in Central London. The first one was on Saturday February 9th 2013 from 10 a.m. until 3.15 p.m. and looked at Reading Techniques for Band 7+ and Writing Techniques for Band 7 +.
Places are limited so you’ll need to book quickly to make sure you get one.
We would be really pleased to see you there if you want to benefit from an IELTS Reading and Writing preparation course.
3 IELTS Course Package Options
We’re offering 3 different option packages which include:
- One day IELTS Test Reading and Writing skills
- free access to Pass IELTS Higher’s online course material for students
- individual coaching and assessment with feedback for course attendees.
You can find out more about the IELTS Reading and Writing One Day course here:
IELTS Course London – Learning Outcomes
At Pass IELTS Higher we pride ourselves in a professional approach to learning. We therefore like to state at the outset the learning outcomes of all our coaching sessions. This session for reading and writing skills has the following learning outcomes:
Reading skills and outcomes:
- Improve your reading speed – You will be able to read and understand an IELTS exam text in 4 minutes and know how to read, understand and answer the IELTS exam questions allowing one minute for each question.
- Practise with the texts – You will learn where the texts need to be read before the questions and improve your Reading speed and performance in the exam by using this knowledge
- Practise with the texts – You will learn where you read the questions first before you read the text and then answer the questions and improve your reading speed in the exam in this way
- Helping you to use your time wisely in the Reading exam – these techniques will relieve the time pressure you are under to read the texts and answer all the questions in the hour with better results
- Highlight which questions are the ones that will give you the higher band scores – you will practise and improve your ability in answering these, adding to your ability to achieve the higher band score you are looking for
Writing skills and outcomes for Task 1 and Task 2:
- Writing format planning and outline – to logically structure your writing
- The introductory paragraph and thesis – so you clearly state your understanding of the question and show the examiner how you plan to respond
- Cohesion – we will assess your use of linking devices and expressions and coach you on how to improve your marks
- Conclusion techniques – how you conclude your writing is as important as how you begin. We’ll assess how you do it and advise you how to improve
- Grammar – more complex grammar will bring you higher band scores but only if used correctly. We assess your use of grammar
- Common writing mistakes – tenses, verb endings and prepositions can be very challenging in English. We’ll take a look at how you are using them and advise how to improve them
- IELTS Band Score – We’ll let you know if you are on track to achieve the band scores you need and let you know how to improve your writing to reach your targets.
Bring or recommend the course to a friend
If you know of anyone who you think would like to attend the course as well, that would be excellent. Please feel free to forward a link to this page to them.
We look forward to seeing you soon,
P.S. Here’s the link to the course information again: